Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Centrifuschia

I was so excited to place my first order with Lime Crime as a treat for my recent Birthday.  I had my eyes on two of the opaque lipsticks- one in Centrifuschia and the other in Geradium.  Much to my dismay, when I placed my order the website was sold out of Geradium, so I settled for Centrifuschia and a couple of nail polishes.
First up lets have a closer look at the opaque lipstick in Centrifuschia.  The Lime Crime packaging is probably the most striking, eye catching, just plain adorable presentation that I have ever seen of any lipstick on the market today.

Not only does the box have the holographic signature unicorn with stars, but the actual lipstick tube is the exact same lavender purple shade with the identical print.


Centrifuschia can be best described as a rich raspberry, with a really beautiful bright fuschia undertone.

I must admit that $15.99 seems a bit steep for a lipstick ( I am a bit more conservative when it comes to buying expensive beauty products :-)  HOWEVER (yes a giant HOWEVER)  this lipstick went on extremely smoothly, it left a nice sheen on the lips and was in no way drying.  I am officially in LOVE.  I really wish I was able to buy the Geradium lipstick, but I am sure that one day in the future our paths will cross again and I will pick up that shade to add to my makeup collection.  Here is a photo of it on my lippies.

Pros: Super smooth, moisturizing, vibrant truly opaque color, a beautiful sheen without being overly glossy, great staying power with a very slight staining effect, pleasant very slight scent.

Cons: Online orders can take a long time (mine almost took two weeks and I only live 50 miles from their offices), $15.99 plus tax and shipping is a bit steep, Lime Crime is not widely available, color selections are limited and stock is also very limited.

Overall thoughts:  I would buy another Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick again in an instant.  LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment