Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coral Ombre Nails for Spring


I am loving the new Ombre Nail trend for spring. I did a warm chocolate ombre nail for this past fall where each nail had a gradient effect. Each individual nail faded out from a deep chocolate, through a bronze shade, and ended with a beautiful gold shad at the tips. This spring it appears that the trend is to have your whole nail be one single color, with each individual nail representing a gradual fade of color from the thumb out to the pinky fingers.
Below are the images and information for the products that I used in this manicure.
I always start any manicure with my base coat.  Last summer I was the unfortunate victim of badly stained nails, and I have since started using a base coat to protect my nails.  Essie Rock Solid has provided a great barrier for preventing stains, and acts as a nail strengthener as well.  


I painted my thumb and pointer finger on each hand.  I used this Wet N Wild shad called Red Tape. It is a very orangey based vibrant red.  I had to use two coats to achieve the shade in the video.
For my middle finger on both hands I used this BEAUTIFUL coral shade by Rimmel Lasting Pro called Sunset Orange.  This color was in my March 2012 Favorites video.  It has a very unique brush, if you would like to see that go ahead and click for the video.  I had to use three coats of this shade to achieve the look used this tutorial. 

On my ring finger for both hands, I used this Wet n Wild Mega Shine in Blazed.  It is a wonderful coral in a slightly less vibrant shade than Rimmels sunset orange.  I used two coats of this shade.

For each of my little pinky nails I used the Wet N Wild Mega Last polish in Sugar Coated.  These polishes have the same type brush as the rimmel lasting pro polishes.  I used two coats of this polish in the tutorial.
Last but NEVER least, is my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top coat. What is a manicure without a super shiny, ultra fast dry top coat?  :-)  
Thank you so much for watching, rating, and subscribing.  I hope that you have a wonderful easter with family and friends this weekend .

No comments:

Post a Comment