Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mascara Monday- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!

I first heard about the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara from Emilynoel83 of Beauty Broadcast on youtube. She made me think WOW this mascara must be fantastic, so during the 21 ULTA days of beauty this mascara went on special for one day for $10 (instead of the $19 normal price). I was at ULTA the second that the doors opened(thanks to a random power outtage at work we were let go for the day), I dashed into the store and made a bee line for the Tarte Mascara. I grabbed the tube like I had joyfully accomplished something brag-worthy and marched up to the register to pay. I could not wait to try it out, so I wiped off the eye makeup that I was already wearing, and applied the mascara shortly after I got home. I must say... I was impressed. I almost wanted to get the product and prove everyone wrong by saying LOOK THIS PRODUCT IS ALL HYPE, but to my surprise it was better... Much much better than I had anticipated.

The brush is made of fiber bristles, and the formula is a bit wet, but not overly wet.  I feel like the tube does a decent job of leaving just the right amount of product on the brush for a great application.

I love the BLACK color of the mascara.  It is a DEEP TRUE BLACK!
I have not had any problems with the mascara being flakey, traveling, or being difficult to remove.
I felt like I got a better application when I curled my lashes before applying.  As for the product claims... I would agree that it lengthens(great for shorter lashes), adds volume, and holds a curl.


You can purchase this mascara for $19 at:
Sephora-Lights, Camera, Lashes
Ulta- Lights, Camera, Lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment